WRITING STYLE: 4.5/5
ENTERTAINMENT QUOTIENT: 5/5
The movie “A Fault in Our Stars” made John Green famous overnight but little do people know that John Green had shown the first signs of success and fame from the very start of his career as a writer when he first penned down “Looking for Alaska”.
Looking for Alaska is the story of Miles Halter who bids adieu to his home in Florida to attend the Culver Creek High School in the state of Alabama. Upon his arrival, he soon befriends Chip “The Colonel” Martin, Takumi Hikohito and Alaska Young. As the friends spend more and more time with each other they get even closer and soon Miles realises that he has fallen in love with Alaska. But Alaska already has a boyfriend named Jake. As time progresses Alaska too grows close to Miles but before things could have progressed further something terrible happens which leaves Miles’s world in the doldrums. So what will happen to Miles? What terrible incident will leave him shattered for the rest of his life? To know this and much more you’ve got to read the book yourself.
- The story and the plot is simply beautiful
- It is the perfect example of a good high school story gone tragic
- Parts of the book will make you miss your school/college days
- Perfect example of a tragic puppy romance with just the right sprinkle of drama and adventure
- If you are even a little bit emotional, I am sure you can’t help but cry for such is the portrayal of emotions of the characters
- The characters will make you miss them dearly and crave for more of them
- Miles and Alaska will strike you as the perfect “mis-perfect” couple beautiful and enigmatic in their own way
- Well, Lucky Me! I didn’t find any
- Go for it! The book will amaze you with what it has to offer and thus I recommend it to all my readers
- I am surely looking forward to gorging all that John Green has ever written